Thursday, August 16, 2012

Create Milk Pong!!! (Accomplished November 7, 2009)

I bet you're asking yourself, "What the hell is milk pong?"
A good deal more of you might be thinking, "This sounds lame!"
However, you would be tragically mistaken. Let me explain.

As a college freshman, I never drank alcohol. It wasn't until I joined a fraternity that I felt comfortable enough to actually try it, and even then I hated it! I hated beer, shots, and wine! Only girly mixed drinks tasted remotely good.

One day, I witnessed a few brothers playing beer pong and I thought it looked like the most fun game in the world. I asked to play after they were done, telling them I had never played before and that I didn't like beer. They laughed, of course, but that wasn't even the funniest part. When they started filling the cups with beer for the new game, I asked, "CAN I HAVE MY CUPS FILLED WITH MILK?" There was utter (pun intended) shock and silence for several seconds followed by several minutes of uncontrollable laughter. I was serious. One thing you should know about me is that I LOVE MILK. In fact, my nickname in my fraternity ended up being Milkman. Unfortunately, they didn't have any milk.

The next semester, when I was an initiated member and we had a new pledge class, I decided for my pledge activity that I was going to create "milk pong." I spent the night coming up with the rules, terms, and equipment for the game. The result was a thing of beauty! See below:

There are 3 things you need for milk pong:

Mini Oreos
Half Gallon of Milk
20 Red cups














- The mini oreos will serve as your projectiles and replace the ping pong balls you would normally use for a pong game.
- The milk (skim, 1%, 2%, or whole) will replace the beer normally associated with pong. If you want to get creative, you can get Chocolate, Strawberry, or Banana Milk. The latter 2 milks probably won't taste very good with oreos, but it's up to you.

The rules (think about standard beer pong rules with the modifications below):

  • Start out the match by designating one member of each team to spin an Oreo. The Oreo that spins for the longest amount of time (or is the last to stop moving) will shoot first.
  • Do not pull the cup until both players have shot.
  • If you fail to sink a cup during the course of the match, you are “Cow Tipping.” For the remainder of the next match (or for as long as possible), you must lay on your back with your hands and legs in the air OR use the dreaded Shakeweight!
  • If someone makes a “death cup,” the match is over.
  • You are allowed a rebuttal if the other team makes all your cups.
    • If successful, go into a 3-cup showdown.
    • If a rebuttal ties that showdown, go into a 1-cup showdown.
    • If it’s still tied after that, shake hands, drop an oreo in a cup of milk, and cheers! Everyone’s a winner!
Helpful Terms:

  • Heating up (hit 2 cups in a row) = Udders
  • On fire (hit 3 cups in a row) = Milkman
  • Balls back (both players hit a cup during the same turn) = Cookie Monster
  • Two pieces of same cookie in two cups = Cookiesncream
  • Trolling (don’t hit a cup during the match) = Cow Tipping
  • Two cookies make the same cup (pull 3 cups) = Got Milk?
  • Death Cup (make a cup held by an opponent) = Sour Milk
The Tagline: "Building strong bones and brotherhood since 2009."

This is the kind of game where you win even if you lose. It's like a milkshake in your mouth!

When I played this with the pledges, they loved it so much that the entire fraternity and their friends wanted to play! Now that I'm graduated, I have passed the pledge activity down to my little bro, but since I live with him, I will still be his teammate and moderate the matches.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment